Diet Therapy (§ 43 Satz 1 Nr.2 SGB V)
Many diseases can be managed with a proper diet. However, there are some diseases such as coeliac disease, fructose malabsorption and lactose intolerance where nutritional therapy is essential for treatment.
We will work with you to customize your Personal Nutritional Therapy Plan to meet your individual needs. Included in your patient-oriented consultation with us, you will receive information on the relationships between the emergence, evolution and necessity of the nutritional therapy for your disease. Throughout the implementation of your nutritional therapy, complimented with the aid of our support and assistance qualifications, you will alleviate your medical condition, improve your health, prevent potential complications and ultimately improve your quality of life.
The focus areas of our nutritional therapy are:
- Metabolic diseases such as metabolic syndrome, overweight, obesity, insulin resistance, diabetes mellitus type 2 with accompanying and subsequent illnesses, gout and rheumatism.
- Gastrointestinal tract diseases such as short bowel syndrome, malabsorption disorder, diet pre-/post- bariatric surgery.
- Food intolerances such as fructose malabsorption, lactose intolerance and coeliac disease.
- Cardiovascular diseases such as high blood pressure and elevated amounts of LDL cholesterol.
- Nutrition for cancer patients.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Infant and Child Nutrition.
According to § 43 Satz 1 Nr.2 SGB V a medical certificate is required in order for your health insurance provider to cover the costs for nutritional therapy.